Thursday 11 September 2014

Ian Cameron Esslemont to write a MALAZAN prequel trilogy

In a Q&A on Reddit, Steven Erikson has confirmed that his collaborator Ian Esslemont has signed a new deal for a trilogy of Malazan novels taking place before the main series.


The first book in this trilogy is called Dancer's Lament and is set before the founding of the Malazan Empire. From the title, I assume that the book will feature Dancer, the skilled assassin who, alongside the mage Kellanved, would found the Empire. No publication date has been set for the book yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty big spoiler for anyone who hasn't read the first 2 Erikson novels there...

Neth said...

very interesting.

I've not been overly impressed by ICE's writing. However, I am most of the way through Assail, and that's a fair bit better than the past few books. It may be enough to get me interested - ICE seems to do his best stuff around Dancer and Kellenved.

Anonymous said...

How is that a spoiler?

Adam Whitehead said...

I edited it. It was a reference to Dancer's later secret identity (which doesn't last very long, but still).

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed ICE's books in general (Stonewielder wasn't my favorite, but the others were enjoyable). Looking forward to this!

Mark Andrew Edwards said...

Best news I've heard in a while!

I much prefer ICE to "Erickson".

Thanks for the scoop, man.